Jacket: Target (old, but similar here and here) // Crop Top: American Apparel // Pants: Zara (also love this pair) // Purse: Chanel // Sandals: Zara // Sunglasses: Ray Ban // Jewelry: Bauble Bar, Gucci // Lips: Sephora 'Scarlet' Luster // Nails: Essie 'Blanc'
Summer is flying by and I have been trying to fill up my calendar with as much New York happenings as possible. Matt and I have been hitting up new restaurants (this one and this one), rooftop bars, and outdoor concerts. So the important thing for me as I get dressed to go out is comfort comfort comfort. This outfit includes all of my essential summer pieces that are both comfortable and stylish.
1. The Denim Jacket - A closet staple for all that will take you from season to season, especially summer to fall; try darker shades for a more polished and fancier vibe. When not in use, just tie around the waist.
2. The Crop Top - Stop fighting it. This top is here to stay and with the high-waisted skirts, shorts and jeans that are trending right now, how can you not try one? I got this one from American Apparel, but Zara and Express also have some amazing ones.
3. The Pajama Pants - MC Hammer had one thing going for him that was 2 legit 2 quit (no? too much?) Pajama trousers and palazzo pants make for an easy breezy summer outfit. Zara knows what's up.
4. The Slides - From Birkenstocks to Teeva to Steve Madden, my feet are so thankful these sandals are back on the fashion forefront. I am always so inspired by the street style and how these women make sandals look so fresh.
5. The Aviators - These shades were made for summer concerts and the beach. They just scream 'too cool for school' and go with everything from dresses to ripped jeans and moto jackets.
To score all these pieces for even less, try signing up on Raise, an online site where you can sell or buy discounted gift cards. American Apparel, Express and Target cards are available on this site. Want to try out this red lip color I'm wearing from Sephora? They even have beauty gift cards available here too! It's such a brilliant way to get rid of gift cards you don't want to use and benefit from the ones people are selling! I plan to start using this site for birthday and wedding gifts.. and maybe even throwing in a Starbucks gift card for myself ;)
Thanks so much for reading!
Photos by: Matthew Barros
All opinions are my own.