Friday, January 2, 2015

bridges

\

Coat: Ann Taylor (outlet) // Dress: Zara (old, similar here) // Boots: Joe Fresh (Alleluia, they fit over my calves!) // Scarf: Zara // Sunglasses: Celine // Purse: Chanel // Nails: Essie 'Blanc'

Happy New Year to you! 

I hope yesterday was filled with much rest and relaxation to re-energize for an inspiring and blessed 2015. Matt and I slept in after a fun NYE celebration with friends in Union Square at Penny Farthing and spent the afternoon walking around in Dumbo. It's the most picture perfect location in Brooklyn where you can see up to 3 bridges at the same time--the Brooklyn, Manhattan and Williamsburg bridges. And to top it off, it's the very spot where Matt proposed :) January 1st is definitely a day where we all start to think of things we resolve to do or accomplish during the upcoming year and I realized, while gazing up at these magnificent structures, how symbolic they are for the new year. 

Let's resolve to build our own bridges. Not walls. Let's resolve not to wait for things to just happen, but be that spark that ignites the path to our goals and dreams. Let's resolve to build our own bridges and walk across them always keeping our heads high toward what lies ahead in 2015. 

Lastly, a very big thank you to YOU for reading and supporting my blog! I'm so thankful for all of the awesome opportunities afforded to me and remarkable people I've met this year because of it. I can't wait to share more of my fashion and wedding adventures with you this year. Comment below to share what you'd like to see more of! I'd love to hear from you :)

xo,
Becca

Shop the look below:

Photos by: Matthew Barros

No comments:

Post a Comment