Sunday, May 11, 2014

weekend eats


Last weekend with my best girlfriends consisted of sight-seeing all around the city, shopping at the new TJ Maxx and Nordstrom Rack in Brooklyn, dancing until the early morning... and of course, food! There were several requests for cupcake and cookie bakeries special to New York. If you are ever in the city, be sure to stop by some of these fav spots! I promise they will not disappoint.

Above is a photo of the famous LadurĂ©e macarons in various magical flavors, including pistachio, tea rose, orange blossom, chocolate and strawberry sugar. We stumbled upon this SoHo location (also one near Central Park) and am so glad I was finally able to try this colorful treats! Although expensive per piece, I will definitely be going back soon to try more flavors. 


Levain Bakery cookies are by far the best I've had since moving here. They're as big as your face and as thick as a hamburger. The lines can be a bit long at times, but make your way up to the upper west side a little early to beat it (they open bright and early at 8am). Pictured above is the chocolate chip walnut cookie. I also tried the chocolate chocolate peanut butter, which took me about 3 days to finish eating, but was still soft and chewy down to the last bite.


Lastly, one of my favorite cupcake spots, Magnolia Bakery. With several locations all around Manhattan, it's easy to try one of these delightful little cakes. My favorites are the red velvet and any of the vanilla with buttercream frosting. Also, if you're a banana pudding lover.... THE BEST IS HERE. Ask for a small tub to go!

Have a great rest of the weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all!

xo,
Becca

Photos taken by: Me
Cookie Model: Lieza Bautista

No comments:

Post a Comment